Warner Home Video has announced the release date for The Vampire Diaries Complete First Season and it’s set for August 31st. Below is a list of the features that will be included on the DVD set. Thanks to Zach (@GrudgedPunkr) for the heads up!
- “For over a century, I have lived in secret. Until now. I know the risk, but I have to know her.” Dark, brooding, pulsing with bloodlust and transcendent with romance, The Vampire Diaries – which started as a series of must-read novels by L.J. Smith – has become a must-watch television hit. Season One offers unforgettable characters, living and undead. They are vampire brothers Stefan and Damon, one good and one evil; Elena, a double for the beauty both brothers loved some 150 years earlier; plus Jeremy, Bonnie, Matt and more denizens of Mystic Falls, VA. All are caught up in a spellbinding web of secrets, passion and terror.
The Complete 1st Season will arrive on DVD (5 discs, $59.98 SRP) and high-def Blu-ray (4 discs, $69.97 SRP) this August 31st. Besides the 22 main episodes, the following bonus material is listed for both formats:
- Into Mystic Falls: Bringing Vampire Lore and the High School Experience from Page to Screen
- When Vampires Don’t Suck!: The Popularity of Vampires and the Fans Who Love Them
- The Vampire Diaries: A New Breed of Vampires – Casting the Series
- The Vampire Diaries: Vampires 101 – The Rules of the Vampire
- Creators/Director Pilot Commentary
- Unaired Scenes
- The Vampire Diaries: A Darker Truth Webisodes
- Second Bite: Gag Reel
- Downloadable Audiobook of the Bestselling Novel The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening by L.J. Smith
Running time is 935 minutes on both versions of the release. The DVD format version features widescreen video, and audio in English Dolby Surround 5.1 with an option for Portuguese Stereo. Subtitle options include Spanish, French, Korean, Portuguese, Thai and Chinese Traditional. For the Blu-ray the specs provided by Warner show high-def 1080p widescreen video, and audio is shown to be the same as the DVD: English Dolby Surround 5.1 (which is what Warner has done with other TV-on-BD releases, such as Supernatural). The Portuguese Stereo soundtrack option is also present. Subtitle options shown on the Blu version are Dutch, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Norwegian and Finnish.
Source: TV Shows On DVD