If you follow us on Twitter (@tvdfansonline), you know that the weekend was a buzz with the first Vampire Diaries convention by Creation Entertainment, that took place in Nashville, TN. Thanks to all that kept us updated from the event, @tvdnews, @TVAfterDark, and @vampireidiaries. And huge thanks to those that shared photos, especially @KYChelsMarie. I’ve posted a couple of her photos below but you can view the rest on her Twitpic profile in the link provided. Thanks to @TVAfterDark for the photo of David Anders.
On Saturday, Daniel Gillies (Elijah), David Anders (Unlce John) and Joseph Morgan (Klaus) appeared on stage for their Q&A panels. Here are some photos and highlights from their panels.
Highlights from Daniel Gillies panel via @tvdnews:
- Elijah will be pissed when he wakes up.
- On s3: nobility will have to take a backseat to revenge.
- he’s learning about photography in his free time.
- Daniel was “incredibly personable, asking questions, complementing fans, feels like we’re all at his place hanging out”.
- on heart snatches, prop was latex spongy balls covered with fake blood.
- not surprised by fan reaction to Elijah, on reading it, he knew that he’d grow on audience.
Highlights From David Anders panel via @TVAfterDark:
- David Anders ia going to be on a zompire film. It’s dark & awesome. He had to wear contacts he couldn’t see through.
- Will you be back on the show as a ghost? It’s a possibility.
- What is your fave scene on TVD? Says the scene where he died for Elena.
- First cut of finger cutting scene was too gruesome to use.
- Asked if there is ad-libbing on TVD- yes, some. He and Ian ad libbed a lot.
- What was he like in high school? Short, funny, class clown. Liked reading aloud in different voices.
Highlights From Joseph Morgan panel via @tvdnews:
- Has been teased by producers that Klaus might be infatuated with someone season 3. Will keep asking for it.
- Had to force Gillies. To be quiet during scenes where Elijah is daggered – Gillies would crack them up with comments.
- They had him in the trunk for the whole scene before his first appearance.
- This (his role on TVD) is the greatest thing I’ve ever done in my life. Has always wanted to play a supernatural creature.
- Last season his chair said “cast”, is happy to have one with his name. (Joseph is now a series regular on the show)
- He loves playing the bad guy and causing the drama that the good guys must fix.
- Favorite part of playing a vampire is the power and fearlessness, intimidating people as Klaus is fun.